I finally got Ethan to the dr for his second round of bloodwork. He has been diagnosed with a cow's milk protein intolerance- Casein intolerance/allergy. He was originally tested for a milk allergy, which came back negative. That particular test is done routinely and tests for lactose intolerance. We just knew that his milk was causing the problem, so we did a protein test this time instead. And it showed he definitely has an allergy to the protein in cow's milk. It can cause several symptoms, and they can get much worse if untreated.
Today I went to Walmart and Whole Foods to get all new non dairy staples. And this became a very trying and frustrating task for me. There is dairy in almost everything! I had to read so many ingredient lables... and had to read them carefully because some of them are a little tricky and do not plainly say- NON DAIRY on them like you would expect or want.
I am praying and hoping you will as well, that this can be an easy transition for our family. I am having a difficult time focussing and realizing this can be done. It is going to be a very costly diet and we really can't afford a lot of extras right now. We have full confidence God will work this out so that Ethan may be more comfortable and have a much happy life! I am also slowly going to move Kinsey to this non dairy diet as she is showing a lot of the same signs Ethan is. So just pray both kids take to the diet and we can easily stick with it.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!
On another quick note, Ethan is doing GREAT with potty training! He now tells us he needs to go and hasn't peed once in his underwear. And when he needs to be in a pullup- road trips/naptime.. he never pees in it!!! Im soo grateful! My little guy is a big guy now, turning 3 in 3 more weeks!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tubal vs Vasectomy
We are officially DONE. This will be my 3rd csection and final baby. We are just trying to decide what to do about it. Lol.
Since I am having a csection-do I just go ahead with the tubal.. while they are already in there??
Or does Devan go a few months after the baby comes and get the vasectomy so I don't put myself at a greater risk of infection, longer recovery, more pain? (all possible, not necessarily going to happen).
We are going to talk to our OB at our next visit to see what he suggests. From what I have read online, I'm still pretty confused! I have read both sides and read lots of stories from other women's experiences.
I am guessing we are just going to have to decide and go with it! So be praying we make the right choice for us!
Since I am having a csection-do I just go ahead with the tubal.. while they are already in there??
Or does Devan go a few months after the baby comes and get the vasectomy so I don't put myself at a greater risk of infection, longer recovery, more pain? (all possible, not necessarily going to happen).
We are going to talk to our OB at our next visit to see what he suggests. From what I have read online, I'm still pretty confused! I have read both sides and read lots of stories from other women's experiences.
I am guessing we are just going to have to decide and go with it! So be praying we make the right choice for us!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)